In Photo Finish™ LIVE, horses age as real time passes. Every season in the game is a year of a horse’s life.
As horses age, two major things occur:
- Different actions become available.
- Race performance changes.
Age Based Actions
Only horses of certain ages may Race or Breed…
- Age 0 & Age 1 Horses are too young to do anything.
- Age 2 – 8 Horses may run any tier of race.
- Age 3 Horses may retire.
- Age 3 – 25 Horses that are retired may breed.
Race Performance Changes
Every horse in Photo Finish™ LIVE has a peak age. During this time, the horse will run its absolute best. At other times, its performance will be closer to standard. The peak is a curve that can last months or years. All of the factors that determine the strength and length of a horse’s peak are genetic. However, a horse’s peak information is not visible. Instead players may deduce it by watching the horse’s race performance.